As the state moves to Phase III of the COVID re-opening plan, Virginia Cooperative Extension and 4-H are resuming some in-person programming and services will continue to provide contactless and distance-based methods, such as using drop boxes for samples and pickup, phones, and virtual delivery of educational programming.
This website will provide current information on local office hours, programming, and more. We look forward continuing to serve our community.
The Amelia County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University. Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of Amelia County improve their lives. We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
Amelia County 4-H Summer Camps
Due to Covid 19 shut downs. Information for camps will be posted as the camps are opened for registration.
Women in Agriculture Gathering
Check here for 2021 Registration information
Amelia County VCE Newsletter
Select the link below for the latest monthly information
Information on the latest webinars (online programs and presentations) will be updated as they become available. Thank you for your patience and interest in Extension's education efforts.
- Introducing PromethION24: the newest machine to join the Genomics Sequencing Center
- Battle against the highly invasive spotted lanternfly heats up in Virginia
- Virginia Tech researchers awarded $1 million grant to study the survival of SARS-CoV-2 on surfaces in the food supply chain
- Virginia 4-H asking the communities it helped build to give back
- Innovative air filtration system could lead to recycling of captured pollutants
- Virginia Tech engagement efforts take center stage at national awards panel
- Hokie BugFest goes virtual for its 10th anniversary
- Mapping With Drones workshops offered online
Ask a local expert
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.