The Amelia County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University. Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of Amelia County improve their lives. We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
Amelia County 4-H Summer Camps
Due to Covid 19 shut downs. Information for camps will be posted as the camps are opened for registration.
Women in Agriculture Gathering
Check here for 2021 Registration information
Amelia County VCE Newsletter
Select the link below for the latest monthly information
Information on the latest webinars (online programs and presentations) will be updated as they become available. Thank you for your patience and interest in Extension's education efforts.
- Entomologist’s tips for installing and maintaining native bee 'houses'
- Virginia MarketMaker offers solution for producers facing market losses due to COVID-19
- Virginia Cooperative Extension and 4-H provide resources to local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Leaders in global agricultural trade to gather at Virginia Governor’s Conference on Agricultural Trade
- Mild winter not a threat to most plants — yet
- Proper handwashing technique is more important than ever, says Virginia Tech food safety expert
- Conference explores agritourism in Virginia’s new economy
- March 10 workshop in Middleburg grass technologies that benefit farmers and livestock
Ask a local expert
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.